Wednesday, January 23, 2008

".. a well-built house.."

"Everyone who comes to Me, and hears My words, and acts upon them, I will show you whom he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug and went deep and laid a foundation upon the rock; and when a flood rose, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built." luke 6:47,48

We've been hearing God speak to us clearly from this passage. It's been foundational for us over the last couple of weeks. I wrote this in my journal the week we received the news about Sarah.

"Everyone..." - no one is excluded. There isn't a person in any kind of circumstance that disqualifies them from connecting to God. There's only one condition placed on us. You have to come to God - "Everyone who comes to Me..."

After coming to God, you then have to listen. You simply need to have a listening heart so you can, "..hear my words..." Incline your ear to hear what He has to say. (God speaking) I want to speak to you. I want to be heard. What I have to say changes things. The entrance of my words brings light. My light allows you to see. It allows you to understand. It allows you to respond to me and what I'm doing. The actions that you then take will move mountains. You can act in confidence and trust in my perfect design for the circumstances because I've told you before you move. Let the circumstandces unfold without trying to control them. Allow my design to override all others as you respond to Me.

There is a house being established by God. God wants us to dig, to go deep, so He can establish strong and true foundations in us. He wants us to dig past what is earthly, what is familiar, past what we think we know to do. We are digging deeper to what is solid, to what is eternal. Our digging is after the heart of God, It's a pursuit for the intimate places of God's heart. There is a revelation of love, of the heart, of community life, of fellowship, of the Kingdom of God that we are digging to find. In the place of prayer, worship, and in the place of heart to heart connected living we are seeking a deeper understanding and greater expression of love and joy that God wants to give to us.

This is the house being built. It's a well-built house capable of withstanding any flood, storm or tempest that may come. It's a house that cannot be shaken. In this midst of difficult times, where the odds are stacked against us, and things seem impossible, we find ourselves rejoicing and celebrating the goodness of God, and the power of the Most High God to bring about His kindom and His purposes. We can stand without intimidation and fear, not fearing loss, but anxiously awaiting what God wants to give. God is saying we get to increase when it appears that the battle seems lost. In other words what God is doing is our focus, not what the enemy is doing, and out of that focus, we get to see the Kingdom of God bring about It's justice in the circumstances we face.

No comments: