Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sarah said, "God has made laughter for me



1-14-08
Before going surfing the other day, our friend Leslie brought a pink piece of paper out of the nearby prayer shed with this verse written on it. I immediately felt the Spirit of God was on those words wanting to say something to us. The following morning I wrote the verse down in my journal and began to write down what the Holy Spirit was saying. It's as follows:

"And Sarah said, "God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh with me."

I feel this passage is speaks to the essential experience of all that is happening right now with Sarah. She is our gift of laughter. We are being given laughter out of the creative resource in God. He is giving us joy in the midst of impossible circumstances. He is giving to us laughter. We are all laughing with God and with Sarah. She is a gift of laughter and joy. And for the next few months laughter is to mark this season of our lives. She will make us laugh today, tomorow and years to come. God is saying: "Sarah is happy and laughing... and we can join her and rejoice in this circumstance. There is a stream of rejoicing flowing through our lives and all who come into contact with this situation concerning Sarah will be touched by joy and laughter. All they have to do is open their hearts to the surpassing goodness of Jesus and to the glad God who dances over us. The laughing God who laughs at his enemies, and laughs in the face of trouble is releasing to us springs of living water to drink from. He is filling us with joy, and gladness of heart.

(God talking)
Let Laughter be your meditation. Consider my laughter. See me laughing and enjoying Sarah. Let yourself move to a place of understanding my laughter for your life. There is a gift of laughter for you here. Sarah is laughing with me. You can too. Your lives are to follow in the steps of my laughter and joy. I am a happy God, full of laughter. I rejoice over you . I'm rejoicing over Sarah - I'm laughing. Laugh with me all the way to her birth... and then keep laughing. My laughter is contagious - it's to spread. My laughter is effective warfare. It's protective against fear. It's pushes away discouragement. it brings the heart back to a place of open embrace and accessibility. Laughter will take you into my world and my kingdom. I'm laughing all the time. I want you to enjoy me and enjoy yourself. Laugh your way through this. I will help you. laughing is an expression of trust, that you are going to be okay. Laughing is an axpression of my peace that is beyond understanding. This situation is laughable. Laughing will help you forget what the enemy is doing and will bring you face to face with me.