Monday, June 29, 2009

Self-inducing 101

(not a bad view for getting things started, huh?)

Soooo...we're officially 2 weeks away from our due date (woooohooo!!). I had a doctor's appointment this morning and they did an ultra sound to check his size - they're guessing between 6 and 6 1/2 lbs right now. She gave us full permission to help jump start the process along! So, that's what we're doing :) I know some people are not into self-inducing and think that when the baby is ready - he'll come. I couldn't agree more. BUT...I've been pregnant for almost two years now and couldn't be more ready to get this show on the road! We're also fully aware that no matter what we do, it is ultimately out of our control. If he's not ready - no measure of self-inducing will budge him. So...we're self-inducing AND asking God to get this party started. Haha. We'll see what happens.

So what are we doing, you ask? Well...some of the methods are, well, ahem...top secret. But I can tell you that I climbed stairs at the local city college today...that was after a 2 1/2 hour nap. We'll see if it gets anything moving. If anything, it can be my head start into getting back in shape. It could be today or it could be in two weeks...either way, I'm just excited he's coming!!! Thanks for the prayers...we'll keep you informed. :)

2 comments:

Bonnie Janelle said...

I thought it said "self-indulging" haha! I'm so happy that River is almost here for you guys and that you'll have your little boy in your arms soon! God bless you guys with a smooth and "easy" labor when the time comes! Can't wait to see pictures.

Wells said...

or it could be in three...or four... we pray not!