Wednesday, June 24, 2009

37 weeks...



37 weeks tomorrow :) I made it to my goal and am more than excited to start getting out and walking again. Phew...no more laying low...I don't know if I can handle any more of that! Thankfully, the weather has been cloudy for the most part...making it a lot easier. I did go to the beach with Joseph to watch him surf one day, what a treat! Just look at that belly...my gosh, this little guy has to be ready!

I had another appointment on Monday that proved to be a bit frustrating again. I spent the whole last week focused on eating more and doing NOTHING so that all my calories would go to River. I got on the scale 100% positive that I had gained at least a couple pounds...only to find that I LOST a couple pounds again. Man, what's the deal!? I think I'm probably just losing all my muscle mass from having to lay low for so long...that's my only explanation. I even did a calorie count with my mom (I don't know the first thing about counting calories, but my mom's generation sure seems to have it down!). I'm eating the right amount of calories every day...so I don't know. Anyway, River is considered full term now so if my body wants to go into labor, I'm all for it.

Nothing more to say really. Just thankful to have a healthy, kicking little boy in me...and ready to finally have him in our arms. The anticipation is growing, our bags are packed for the hospital (well, River's bag...still have to put stuff together for Joseph and I) and we're more excited than ever. I still have a hard time believing that we'll have a child soon. Joseph was telling me the other day that he's been a bit nervous about giving birth. Last time we made the journey to the hospital to give birth, it resulted in empty arms and an extremely painful journey of losing our daughter. He said he has to remind himself that there will actually be a positive outcome from all the pain of labor this time around. It feels surreal to me as well. Not until he's in our arms will we fully believe that he's coming to stay...or that he's even coming at all. It's been a long two years of being pregnant...

Thanks for your prayers and for walking with us through this journey. I know Sarah will be full of joy, looking down on her little brother. We can hardly wait to share her with him...

Hopefully there will be pictures posted here of River very soon :) Keep praying for a healthy and quick delivery....I would SO appreciate that!

3 comments:

Wells said...

doctors can be so contrary to common sense. i can't believe you had to stop exercising! what does he want you to be, unhealthy? you are what you are and it is perfect. thanks for sharing your fears and tears with us, i am sure you will have a cake of a time in labor after what you went through last time. we will be praying!

Unknown said...

My god Sarah you look gorgeous! I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like your posts and your pics aswell! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. Have you picked a name for baby yet? The name you pick for your baby should be as unique as they are. I rememer I spent a lot of time chilling out choosing my baby names. Here a great link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ Let us know how it's going!! Jo and her little Marlow

auntie Jan said...

Hello Jenn & Joe,
Thanks for the update and Praise to our heavenly Father for the answer to prayer! Yeah-37 weeks. You are on my mind everyday! We are so looking forward to meeting you Joe and meeting River and having a reunion with you Jenn. Hugs and prayers are being sent. See you in August.
Love, Jan & Brad