Friday, February 15, 2008

Sarah Update from Jen...

Hello friends and family,

Just a quick update on Sarah Elizabeth. I had my 25 week checkup today and again, she's totally shocking the doctors with her strength. I've gained 5lbs (a total of 7 now!!) and my uterus is the exact size it should be at this point. Her heart rate was even stronger than last month's appointment (142bpm)...I literally had to remind the doctor of his diagnosis a few months ago (one because he's older and a bit out of it, but also because she's so healthy and growing so strong!). They literally look at me in shock every appointment, in disbelief that she's still alive. Sarah has also been kicking quite a bit the last few weeks, even waking me up in the middle of the night with the strength of her kicks. We have a little fighter :)

All of that to say....we wouldn't be where we are today without all the prayers and faith and hope that you have been sending our way! God has been so gracious and so kind through this journey. Thanks for the prayers....keep praying, we see a new doctor on Wednesday of this next week and are excited to have a doctor that will support us in our decision to move forward in the pregnancy.

Be blessed to know that your prayers are being answered....we will continue to fight for the healing of Sarah Elizabeth, knowing that God is ultimately in control :) (Isn't that a relief?)

4 comments:

Todd said...

That's amazing! How encouraging!

Jessica said...

What a great update! Just wanted to reassure you about the weight gain - I didn't gain much until after 20 wks with both pregnancies, either. Some bodies just work that way :) And YAY for getting a more supportive doctor. That makes SUCH a difference. Sarah sounds so strong (she must get it from her mom!)Love you!

susan said...

...some people leave footprints on your heart. Sarah has left her prints on my heart and spirit. We continue to pray for a new heart and mind. Kick baby kick !!

(I hold my clay foot daily, Jen as do you. =) )

Unknown said...

Jen and Joe, Mom just called to tell me Sarah's little heart stopped beating. I want you to know that during my prayer time today I asked that God's will be done and that He would recieve the glory for us all getting to know Sarah during this journey. He overwhelmed me with peace and i believe that Sarah had been delivered into God's loving arms today. I am on my knees today for you all. See you soon and I love you all so much! Dad