Wednesday, March 18, 2009

23 weeks and counting...

A week shy of the 6th month mark and I'm definitely showing! I think its a combo of this being my second pregnancy (muscles are already used to pregnancy mode and don't have to be stretched out again) and the fact that I'm not throwing up everything I eat like the last pregnancy. It's definitely been a different journey with this little guy - I can hardly wait to have him in my arms - feels like July is ages away!

We set up the crib this last week and I can hardly stop looking at it :) It's something we didn't get to do with Sarah and having it set up is making the whole pregnancy that much more real. God willing, we get to take a baby home with us this time around!! The combination of my uncontrollable excitement with a bit of OCD when it comes to keeping a clean and organized house is definitely leading to a "prepared" nursery :) We're actually keeping everything to a bare minimum, as I'm a firm believer in simplicity...so many toys, products, etc are marketed to the baby world without there being a real need for the product. So we're sticking to the basics and we'll wing it from there.

Overall, Joseph and I are doing really well. The sadness and mourning that I thought would never lift from my heart, has definitely made itself more scarce this last month or so. I find myself overwhelmed with joy and laughter - enjoying things I haven't been able to enjoy for months now. It's been 11 months since Sarah passed and in some ways it feels like just yesterday. I'm so thankful for the journey we've been on...for the gift of our sweet little girl...and the light that I'm beginning to feel/see at the end of the tunnel :)

Not the most exciting blog entry, but I thought I'd fill you in on my belly/crib/baby excitement anyway! :)

7 comments:

Ambre said...

WONDERFUL!!!
So happy for you. I still remember your post where you said that if you would get pregnant again you would probably fall down on your face and worship the Lord with such joy! (or something like that =-) ) Your joy is radiating through all of the words you write. Our Father is so amazing and faithful!!!! Thanks for sharing your photo!

Sylvia said...

Sorry to disagree (!!) but I think it that most exciting post. Great to see your photo and see you looking so well. Wonderful to know that you are beginning to see light and hope after all the darkness. Thrilled for you both.

The Clays said...

You are beautiful! I love reading these updates. Keep 'em coming.

Jocelynalice said...

Jen, you look great! I agree on the simplicity stuff. It's cheaper anyway. All we have for our tot is a bed, a changing table and clothes and some cute stuffed animals. the rest comes when you need it. ;) I'm glad you're doing so much better. God is a healer and a good one too. praise him for it! I'm happy for you guys.

Will.Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will.Amanda said...

you look beautiful Jen!!

Andrea said...

Yea Jen! This is so exciting. You look great :)